Thanks for the restatement - I really appreciate it.

My point was that we already have a download page for the Release Branch which
already has the button linked that you're asking for and it's found on the
Branches / Releases page right here - http://build.ofbiz.org/branches.php .

Let's leave the main download page the way it is for now and we'll rethink the
strategy around pushing people to a particular version so that it matches what
the truth is about the project.  Right now it reflects the real work we live in
with OFBiz - not saying that's what it should be long term - just that I'm
reluctant to simply just push people to the 9.04 branch until we have more
discussion and recalibration around the strategy - and update our documentation
to reflect it.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--