That's an interesting perspective. It's definitely true that if you don't
collaborate on design and underlying data and such that you'll end up with a
huge mess of incompatible "features".

I agree that it is an advantage of OFBiz that when differences come up in how
people want to do things it usually leads to conversation about it, and often
to a reconciliation that works for various concerns, instead of just ending up
in a bunch of totally different, incompatible, and marginally useful
functionality for general needs.

I'm definitely of the opinion that bad design is the #1 problem with enterprise
software today, and doing things in a way that encourages collaboration and
peer feedback can help with this a lot. It's certainly not perfect, but I'd
wager that it is far better than what normally happens, and what actually
happens in much other open source and commercial software.

-David