I think you misunderstand. The dependencies are not because of the component
tools, but because of the components themselves. The components in the
ofbiz/applications directory are inherently interdependent, mostly because of
the data model. If someone wanted to they could certainly make these components
less dependent, but there is not tool that could do so... you'd actually have
to move parts of the data model around and use a lot of extend-entity stuff.

The idea that something like OSGi can manage any type of dependency is just
plain incorrect. Yes, it has a feature called "dependency management", but it
isn't what you're thinking of and simply wouldn't help with this.

Basically all you could possibly do is model somewhere the fact that the
applications components are interdependent, but that won't help in eliminating
the interdependency.

Is it possible to do? Yes (with certain exceptions, removing some dependencies
would NEVER make sense). Is it a big enough deal that anyone has actually
bothered to do it? No. It's that simple. It is simply not an objective that
anyone has taken up yet.

-David