Yes, the ASF does have its own servers. I don't know all the details, but some
are donated servers (controlled by infra, but the box/connection/etc are
provided by someone else) and some are servers at data centers but owned or
leased by the ASF with the infrastructure budget. The ASF doesn't have a ton of
money flowing through it, but enough to pay for infra and a few other things.

-David