As I get more familiar with ofbiz's Content and CMS I see three areas that need to be developed.
1) a tree to show relationship of documents.
2) have a menu from that tree of functions
3) a wusiwyg component for editing.

I did deploy Jackrabbit but have not really got into it yet.

Scott Gray sent the following on 6/18/2010 6:57 PM:

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro>

Anybody using or considered using Hippo CMS (onehippo.org) in conjunction with
OFBiz?
- Apache Licensed
- Uses Jackrabbit as its repository
- Supports Versioning, Internationalization, Publishing Workflows and more

We could start out by using Hippo's UI to manage content and retrieve it for
display within OFBiz using the JCR API.  As the various document types needed
by the OFBiz base applications begin to take shape we could look at ways to
allow the content to be modified directly from within OFBiz (once again using
the JCR API).

Any thoughts, alternatives, ideas or whatever would be appreciated.  I'm
considering working on a POC in my spare time, not sure how long that might
take at this stage.  I already have a copy of Hippo running inside OFBiz but
that was just a matter of expanding their WAR distribution and wrapping it in a
component, next step would be gaining access to the repo from OFBiz code.

Thanks
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com