It might be worthwhile to post a message on the Jackrabbit user mailing list.
Let them know what we have in mind, and see if they have any suggestions.
Previous experience has shown that Apache sister projects are very helpful in
integration efforts.

-Adrian

--- On Wed, 6/23/10, Sascha Rodekamp <sascha.rodekamp.lynx...@googlemail.com>