Since we're discussing framework rewrites and free markets and such, I decided to throw my hat into the ring too.

One proposal so far is to replace the OFBiz framework with the Moqui project. I have another idea - let's rewrite the framework using the existing community. Everyone can participate in the design - thereby leveraging the immense wealth of knowledge available in the community.

To kick things off, I created a document describing my vision of an application framework. It's brief and it doesn't include any implementation details. If there is any interest in this approach, then everyone is free to add pages to the document and we can go from there.

The document can be found here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Another+Framework+Vision