On 3/05/2011, at 2:26 PM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> On 5/2/11 9:23 PM, Scott Gray wrote:
>> On 3/05/2011, at 12:51 PM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>>
>>> List:
>>> Why is it that David is allowed to advertise continuously about his latest
>>> pet project - that has nothing to do with OFBiz - on this mailing list and
>>> others, such as myself can't even mention a resource dedicated entirely to
>>> OFBiz, that many have found useful, (MyOFBiz.com http://www.myofbiz.com)
>>> without risk of severe rebuke?
>> The only time I think I've rebuked you is when you did nothing to engage the
>> conversation and instead just wrote something along the lines of "you'll
>> find the answer to that question at my website!".  I don't think anyone has
>> an issue with the promotion of relevant websites, companies, projects, etc.
>> but I don't personally think it should ever be the primary purpose of
>> sending a message to these lists.  Moqui isn't just a random pet project
>> anyway, it is a potential replacement for the OFBiz framework created by one
>> of the founders of OFBiz, if that's not worthy of discussion I don't know
>> what would be.
>>
> IMO, it is one thing to talk about replacing the framework. It is quite
> another to continually harp on what is wrong with OFBiz.
>>> Of course that was a rhetorical question. I know the answer. But I will say
>>> this: As an outsider, what I see going on here is seriously wrong...The
>>> constant innuendo that there is something amiss with OFBiz undermines the
>>> public's faith in the quality and value proposition of this project.
>> That seems pretty hypocritical considering you've spent a fair amount of
>> time in the past criticizing the most active members of the community and
>> spreading FUD about the way this project is managed.  But at the end of the
>> day there is something wrong and ignoring that will achieve nothing, this is
>> the dev list and is the most appropriate place to discuss these development
>> related issues.
>
> Really? What, in your esteemed opinion is wrong? With OFBiz that is. And not
> me. (I already know that latter.)

Providing an answer to that would require more time than I willing to give you
and I've already spent enough time articulating my concerns over the past year
so I'm not going to do that again now. You've obviously read plenty of
criticism or you wouldn't have written this message so just know that I share
most if not all of David's concerns.

>>> Despite all the differences of all the OFBiz community members, OFBiz still
>>> remains the best open source - possibly any source - ERP around. Lets not
>>> forget that.
>>>
>>> Although I have no authority to request this I'm asking that David please
>>> stop using this list as his "dumping" ground. David, if you do not have
>>> positive OFBiz commentary, please don't post.
>> Nobody has any authority here other than the respect one gains through what
>> the ASF calls a "meritorcracy" (government by merit), and there really can't
>> be any doubt that David has well and truly earned the right to say whatever
>> he damn well pleases (in my opinion).  David's spent more time interacting
>> with this community than anyone else and if he's learnt something from that
>> then I for one want to hear it.
>>
> Well, if your aim is to destroy OFBiz in favor of Moqui or any other "the
> grass is always greener" solution, then by all means bash away and encourage
> David and everyone to join the fray.

This is what I mean by your tendency to spread FUD, no one is trying to destroy
OFBiz and the reality is quite the opposite.