2012/12/5 Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>

> On Dec 5, 2012, at 8:54 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > Sounds indeed logical to have embedded a mean to test the UI available
> to all user OOTB.
>
> Why embedded? All users already have a mechanism to test the UI: they can
> use Selenium or any other similar tool of their preference. We should not

webdriver is the selenium evolution, and this implementation is more
developer oriented than users.
This patch and effort are more a developer tool, where you write your tests
then run them locally, or as Youssef showed on an external service, like
the one offered by saucelab.
One more advantage is that you can run a full scenario, as you would do
with selenium.
Embedding this kind of tests is like the unit test framework which is
embedded in OFBiz. We are using external tools to reinforce the code
quality. From my POV, having a web interface is making the interface tests
mandatory. We are just going one step further in the global confidence.

> > Even if  not all users will use it, some have already their own way.
>
> The way I see it is that no one in the project community (nor from the
> committer groups) asked for this implementation and very few ones showed
> interest for this.
> Who is using it in this community? Jacques, did you test it and are you
> using it?

I asked for this to be added to OFBiz, and I didn't want to push it by
force, but wanted to have code reviews by other members before.
The neogia team is using it, and most of the developments are consolidated
with unit and webdriver tests.

--
Erwan de FERRIERES