Le 06/12/2012 08:07, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
> On Dec 5, 2012, at 2:54 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> I must say I don't. The Neogia team is. And they are an important part of
>> the OFBiz ecosystem. Their efforts should not be neglected. Erwan is no
>> longer part of the Neogia team but he is still in contact with them. At
>> least AFAIK...
> This is an interesting point: the Neogia team (company? community?) is
> important as any other contributor; however they are a separate ecosystem
> that a long time ago decided to split from OFBiz and develop their own
> software, best practices, tools etc.. at the point that now the OFBiz
> community and the Neogia community may have choosen quite different tools and
> best practices;
The number of difference are not so big. and one of our (OFBiz and
Neogia) biggest common denominator is our commitment to help Apache
OFBiz Project and Its community, even it's not by the same way.
>  of course the members of the Neogia team think that what they do is the
> right way and the same happens to the members of the OFBiz community;  if the
> Neogia community now wants to share some of their tools or best practices
> they can offer them,
share to ofbiz has always been a desire on our part but
- on one hand sometime there are licensing constraints (we use GPL
libraries)
- and other hand a large lack of communication on our part
>  but we, as the OFBiz community, should not feel any pressure to endorse
> them; and the fact that all the members of the Neogia team agree that the
> tools are important is irrelevant (of course they do, if not they would have
> changed them).
>
> All that said, I want to clarify that I am not feeling any pressure and no
> one at Neogia tried to put pressure on me so I am good and I appreciate their
> efforts in sharing with us what they are doing; in the same time I will not
> feel bad if I don't think they are a good fit for the OFBiz project (and the
> fact that I, or we,  and them could be in disagreement on some topics is
> quite natural as we come from two different ecosystems that voluntarily
> separated from each other).
We (me most of the time) are trying to have better communication since
one year and we really try to argue on ideas and requirement and not to
impose our existing tools or our choices.
> Kind regards,
>
> Jacopo
Olivier for Neogia Team