First of all, I would like to mention our tentative roadmap for the releases:

        • February 2014 - Apache OFBiz 13.07.01
        • March 2014 - Apache OFBiz 12.04.03
        • April 2014 - Apache OFBiz 11.04.04 (last release of the 11.04 series?)
        • August 2014 - Apache OFBiz 13.07.02
        • September 2014 - Apache OFBiz 12.04.04

Summarizing, the new year 2014 will see the last release in the 11.04 series
and the new releases in the 13.07 series; we will also issue 2 maintenance
releases in the 12.04 series. We will also probably create a new release branch
(14.?). This is going to be a lot of work and if we will be able to implement
this release roadmap it will be a good achievement for the community.

Then, here is my personal wish list:

* integrate Atomikos Transaction Manager (to replace the existing old and
incomplete Geronimo Transaction Manager); I did most of the work some time ago
and also Scott helped me; but the effort is not completed (but we are close);
this is on hold at the moment and it would be great to give it a final push
* refactor the Product Search engine (and related data model) and replace it
with a Lucene/Solr driven search; the same pattern could then be applied to
other areas of the system; this would make the searches fast and scalable and
also reduce greatly the codebase and remove load from the relational database
* redesign security/authorization; there are different paths here (Adrian did
some refactoring work already) but I would love to consider the integration
with something like Apache Shiro: this would help to enhance the features we
offer and also remove a big chunk of framework code
* complete the support for the Groovy DSL: I have a working patch to extend its
support to all screen/widget code: with it you can write the same groovy code
for services, events and widgets (data prep scripts): in order to complete the
support for data prep scripts my patch needs more work
* continue and improve the maintenance effort of the OFBiz codebase: upgrade of
external jars to latest releases, removal of old/unused stuff, better
documentation of jar interdependencies, code review/enhancements, bug fixes,
further modularization and slim down etc...
* about releases: start (again) the discussion and define a plan for issuing
separately the framework from the applications

Jacopo