On 13.06.2013 01:15, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
I know this is approved and all, and I like it too (though the Orb seems a bit
apart from the text).

If I was Apache Branding, though, I'd be disappointed that "Apache" is barely visible.
It has about as much punch as the tiny "TM".

We have voted on the logo. This is like "speak now or forever hold your peace" in the movies. We are now in the "hold your peace" part.

-Andre

  - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.sch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 01:44 PM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: new logo on test website

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

Am 06/12/2013 06:53 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

  A quick mockup of the new logo with www.openoffice.org is available from:
http://www.openoffice.org/**test/ <http://www.openoffice.org/test/>

As the new logo needs alignment etc., more coming soon. (and mockups for
the project site)

I must say that I really like this and feels it brightens things up! :)

absolutely, looks fresh and new. Thanks for the test.

Is the bigger white space around the logo intended - compared with the old
one? If not, I would suggest to reduce it, so that the same space is used.
Because currently everything below is wrapped a bit lower.

Marcus

It needs to resized some -- I will play with this. I actually like the
larger size of the whole logo though compared to the old one. It seems to
give more space and visual appeal in some way. It needs to be cropped at
the top and left so it lines up better with the text. I'll see what I can
do.

@RGB ....on the older logo. Hmmm yes...maybe we should use a different
graphic for this item altogether. Right now we don't have an svg for just
the new orb. I think that may be in process.