On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Kevin Grignon
<kevingrignon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Yes, there was a vote. And yes, some people voted, however branding is not
> just a simple two round activity. Design is iterative.  It needs refinement
> to be ready for production.

The entire product is iterative, and one of the steps in each
iteration is that we release a new version of the product.  This
forces a decision on what level of perfection is included in this
release versus deferred for the next release.  I could go down the
line, feature by feature and talk about iteration. It is a universal
truth with software.  But so is releasing.

> Before we run off and slap the new logo everywhere, let's take a moment to
> prepare the logo source files for production and establish some simple usage
> rules, including colours, alignment and padding.
>
> For example, the "ff" should be merged into a single element, the "p"
> descender in the Apache text should be shortened so it doesn't stab the
> letter beneath it.
>
> I will work on it this weekend.

It would be great if you can make these changes.  I'm not sure others
have an eye for the refinement that you are suggesting.

Thanks!

-Rob

> Finally, let's be mindful that this is UI activity more than anything. The
> brand change is so subtle. The real effort will come in preparing the
> application graphics. Let's get the source files ready for production then
> start updating the app graphics.
>
> Kevin
>

> On Jun 14, 2013, at 7:18 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> We have voted on the logo.  This is like "speak now or forever hold your
>>> peace" in the movies.  We are now in the "hold your peace" part.
>>>
>>> -Andre
>>

>> yes...
>>
>> OK, I just did a quick update to fix the vertical align with the text  to
>> the right. So, take another look if you want. It's now 300 x 105. I kind of
>> like more spacing around the logo vs what we have now -- it gives the logo
>> a bit more presence this way, but of course we need a consensus.
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/test/
>>
>> I made this from the optim rendering which to me -- with bad eyes and not
>> the best monitor -- seems to make "Apache" the darkest.

Opinions expressed in this communication reflect the author's
individual personal view, not necessarily that of an amorphous
collective.  The above statements do not reflect an official position
of any organization, corporation, religion (organized or disorganized)
or national football association.  The contents of said note are not
guaranteed to have been spell checked, grammar checked or reviewed for
metrical infelicities.  The contents of this post may not be suitable
for those whose native language is not logic.  Caution should be
exercised when operating heavy machinery when reading this note, or
even when not reading it.  Seriously, heavy machinery is dangerous.
Be careful.