On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 16:03:51 -0400
> Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
>> wrote:

>> > What do you mean? Keep the not that nice comments on Base hidden on a
>> > second
>> > ranking page and keep the good looking comments on the first one? Knowing
>> > that most users would not check the 2nd page?
>>
>> I'm not offering an opinion on how to structure the content.  I'm
>> merely pointing out that we do not have a scarcity of pages on the
>> wiki.  It should be possible for any reasonable content to be added
>> and for editors not to step on each others toes.
>>
>> > Note that some comment are even completely wrong it seems (see Villeroy's
>> > comment in the forum).
>> >
>> > There is a clear intent to sanitize one of the bad aspects of Base and this
>> > is not acceptable. Remember that users can use AOO for production work,
>> > especially for a database component. Hiding such risks is not professional
>> > at all and may lead to real frustration, especially if users discover
>> > afterward this operation. It's even a real shame (that's why I don't trust
>> > very much wikis, but that's my own opinion).
>> >
>> > I think we are facing a limit of the contribution through wikis. We can't
>> > do
>> > very much against this. But it will discourage power user from contributing
>> > to the wiki.
>> >

>> I'm sure whatever you say on the forum will have great influence due
>> to the respect you have there.  I hope you can find a way to lead the
>> parties to a constructive resolution to this disagreement.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>

>> > Hagar
>> >

> What worries me is the removal of links to the Forum. I see no problem with
> hosting the removed content on the Forum; however the removal of any contrary
> opinion to Eschmenk's would lead me to fear that any further Forum links on
> the Wiki might be removed.

Worry, fear, zealots, etc.,  I hear a lot of strong words here, but
has anyone actually tried to contact the other wiki editor?   Failure
to communicate is the cause of 90% of the problems out there.  I'm
disinclined to recommend any further actions until someone suitably
motivated takes at least that first simple, civil step.

Remember, we're talking about a Wiki account that was first used on
August 29th, and where only 3 edits to a single page have been made.
To call this zealotry and to bemoan the lingering motivation of power
users is an overreaction, in my opinion.  Editing disagreements on
wikis are nothing new.    And we don't want to demotivate new
contributors either.

Personally, I'd assume this is a new user and maybe confused and
invite them to discuss this page further on the mailing list or forum.
 If the person is truly the devil incarnate, that will be plain enough
in due time and we can take additional steps.

Regards,

-Rob