On 20/05/14 17:51, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2014 09:04:04 +0200
> Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> A new AOO 5.0 release page has been created on cwiki to collect ideas.
>>> But, I would think all discussion needs to be on "dev" and not the
>>> comments area on that page.
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+5.0
>>>

>> is it useful to create dummy pages when we don't have agreed on a
>> version number for the next release? I don't believe that the next
>> version will be a AOO 5.0 ;-)
>>
>> Juergen
>
> Planning for AOO 5.0 doesn't stop us working on a point release. Consider it
> as a longer term project. Some of the proposals might be too complex for
> incorporation into a point release.

well don't get me wrong but on a planning page I would add only items
that are more concrete and and where a developer agreed to take of it.
General ideas should we better collect on some kind of backlog page. I
don't like to make long lists and drop half of them later on. But that
is my personal opinion.

Juergen