On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 7:42 AM, jan i <j...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 1 June 2014 14:21, Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net> wrote:
>
> > Le 01/06/2014 13:12, jan i a écrit :
> >
> >  I have noticed the traffic level, but seen from a monitoring POW, there
> >> are
> >> no problems with forum.
> >>

> > Ah, indeed, I let my browser and after about 5 min, it reached the
> > homepage. So not dead at all.
> >

> >  My guess is that forum have been attacked in the same way our wiki was a
> >> year ago.
> >>
> >> To fight that, you need to close for creating accounts, clean the db,
> >> update php2bb, and cross fingers before you open again.
> >>

> > Problem is that there is no admin anymore. So I fear there is no one to
> do
> > that.
> >
> ?? I thought at least you, imacat was admins. At vm level, pescetti, imacat
> have full admin (sudo) rights.
>
> rgds
> jan I.
>

> > If the forum is not dead at all, should we anyway take the initiative and
> > upload the code snippets here or wait for an action from the owner (with
> no
> > guaranty on the lead time)?
> >

> > Hagar

We have some confusion here. The forum that is dead is not the official AOO
forum but the older unofficial forum at www.oooforum.org. As Hagar says, it
is not completely dead, in the sense that it can be reached sometimes with
sufficient patience, but all of the new posts are spam. I checked in mid
April and there was not a single non-spam post over the previous two weeks.
That situation seems to have continued.
Francis