Am 02.12.2017 um 23:21 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
On Dec 2, 2017, at 8:39 AM, Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de <mailto:marcus.m...@wtnet.de>> wrote:

Despite of the name it could be the icon of the dmg file? I don't know where this icon set is visible... ;-)
Apart from that: +1 for a public beta.
But we should build "real" beta builds, with the appropriate naming/graphics:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Beta/About%20OpenOffice%20Beta%204.2.0.png

oh yes, good hint. IMHO the splash screen and start center graphic should show clearly that this is a beta release. Plus different filenames for the installation files.

Here are the results on macOS:

that looks great. On the start center it's a bit different. "beta" should be aligned with the productname/version like for the splash screen.

Marcus