Hi again,

It seems I, somehow, may have 'ofended' (lacking a better word), someone(s). I
humbly apologize for that. It was not my intention at all.
Please believe, I'm also very grateful for all your work, Mechtilde's and all
others.

I will restrain my self from now on, since it seems I cannot express my self
correctly!

Many thanks,
Pedro Albuquerque

Em 16/02/2020 às 12:11, Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de> escreveu:
>Hi all,
>
>First let me thank Mechtilde for the tremendous job she is doing!
>
>I still remember the day (OpenRheinRuhr 2018?) when I complained about
>the broken translation process and she instantly took over. Since then a
>lot of things have been accomplished.
>
>Now we are able to create language templates from source code, import
>them into Pootle, update the translations, export them back to SDF and
>commit them.
>
>In parallel we have "recruited" a handful of translators (Amharic,
>Kabyle, Oromo, Estonian, Latvian) so we hope to release AOO 4.2.0 with
>these new localizations [1].
>
>To be clear, the plan is to automate the translation process on the
>Pootle server, so that once a week (?) the most recent translations are
>exported and committed to Git.
>
>But all this is done in our spare time and we all have a personal life,
>so please be patient (or join the team)!
>
>(Sorry for this being a bit Off Topic now...)
>
>Regards,
>
>   Matthias
>
>[1] https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/
>

>Am 16.02.20 um 08:28 schrieb Mechtilde:
>> Hello Pedro
>>
>> Am 16.02.20 um 07:49 schrieb Pedro Albuquerque:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Sorry for a small change of topic, but speaking of new builds, I believe
it
>>> would be great if the 'building instructions' for SDF files were also made
>>> available in a simple way to follow. Maybe included with the rest of the
>>> process.
>> This is the recent page, where I start to document the recent process:
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2
>>
>>> Like Pedro Lino said, we (me and him) are trying to test the updated
>>> translations and it would be of great help if we knew how to create the
SDFs.

http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/translate-toolkit/en/latest/commands/oo2po.html?highlight=po2oo

https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Translation_from_4.2&action=edit&redlink=1