Hello,

right, that's exactly how it is (which is why it's not useful for Michael to
describe his approach to spam submitted to him several times)

> This looks like a subscriber setting an auto-reply.

Not really.  In concrete terms, it is probably the case that a spammer has
registered regularly on the list, misusing the address of a third party.

Note: Sorry, but I am writing again that this is a very reasonable assumption,
but that only someone who has access to the backend of the mailing list can
verify it.

Jörg