Hi Mathias,

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 12:39 +0100, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> Which timeouts are you talking about?

        Primarily interaction with User Experience, but also Documentation,
l10n - I'd like to ensure not only that they have a clearly defined
opportunity to comment / have their say; but that their window of
opportunity here is time limited :-) "'discuss' with ... UserEx" is
fundamentally synchronous, and very hard to verify later, and perhaps
open to lots of problems. Much as I hate process, I'd like to be able to
point to a mailing list post and say "no replies in 2 weeks" =>
uncontroversial & approved.

> If QA people don't have time to test your CWS there is no way to
> workaround this. If the QA people just forgot about it you might
> need an escalation path and not a fixed timeout.

        Of course, but we have our own people (or other engineers) that can do
QA - so, if there is some "check with UI / Docs / l10n" implied by QA
then that piece needs to be asynchronous.

> >     I believe Kai volunteered to write some of this up in the Wiki
> > somewhere as a conclusion, so we actually move to the "decision making"
> > phase after the lengthy discussion ;-)
>
> IMHO this could be a good reason for an ESC meeting.

        Indeed :-) it'd be good to talk; perhaps best to rubber-stamp (or
"recommend to the Community Council" (or whatever) the draft result ?

        Thanks,

                Michael.

--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot