On 2.2.2007, at 14:11, Rüdiger Timm wrote:

Kay Ramme - Sun Germany - Hamburg wrote:
FYI
Matthias Huetsch, Malte Timmermann, Michael Brauer and I recently had a discussions regarding how to deal with binfilter in case of incompatible changes of modules used by binfilter. We came up with the following recipe: For every request of an additional module for / change of binfilter the following steps are to be tried in the following order: 1. Check if the dependency could not be removed / avoided completely. - For the above change this means, to verify that basctl is indeed needed for loading / storing documents. 2. Copy the code which is needed only. - For the above change this means, that the serializers (import / export) may just be copied out of basctl to binfilter (respectively they may be just reimplemented if this is easier :-) . 3. Copy the whole module. - If the target module is reasonable small, the whole module may be copied to binfilter. For the above change this would mean to copy basctl to binfilter. 4. Adapt binfilter to the incompatible changes done in the dependent module. - For the above change this would mean, to adapt binfilter to the changes done in basctl. 5. Do not change the dependent module incompatible. - For the above change this would mean, not to change basctl incompatible. I created a module page for the binfilter module in the OOo wiki and copied the receipt to this page as well:
 http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Modules/binfilter
Hope that helps
  Kay

That's a joke, isn't it?
From my point of view of course it has to be (according to your numeration)
1.
4.
5.
2.
3.

What about making binfilter SO only module? ;-)
--
Pavel Janík