On 02/04/2009 16:41, Matthias B. wrote:
No. When I get a segfault right away simply launching swriter I do not
bother to report it. Same goes if OOo won't build in the first place
(e.g. because of missing modules). These things are so obvious that
they must be known.
BTW, those were trunk builds. I think someone else has already
mentioned that trunk should be kept somewhat stable. It makes people
lose confidence if it doesn't even start up (or build). After all, the
next version will be branched off from trunk. If trunk is broken, the
next version will be initially broken.

hmm... i would not expect trunk to even be buildable most of the time.
from what i have heard release engineering often finds build breakers late
in the milestone process that were introduced in the trunk when merging some cws much earlier. may especially happen over the weekend, when the developer that knows how to fix it is already gone. but all these issues are fixed before the milestone is tagged. also, i think smoketest must pass on all platforms before milestone is tagged. so unless you're a release engineer it's best to not use trunk, but the latest tagged milestone.

michael

--
"An ideal world is left as an excercise to the reader."
 -- Paul Graham, On Lisp (8.1)