Robbie Gemmell wrote:
I think you have misunderstood what I meant by that entirely, as by "the build
system in general to always generate the release style artifacts" I meant exactly
what you are suggesting, that the build system should be modified to generate something
we can simply take a (partial) tarball of and end up with what we release...ie release
style. The reason there is anything else in place right now is that they arent, IMO.

Sorry, I see how you meant that now. My mistake. Clearly I've been too eager to rant recently. ;)

--Rafael