Back when the issue of picking a chair first came up, I said I would take a turn if needed. Of course, I've since dropped out and am no longer eligible. My main reason for dropping out was that I felt there was insufficient user community input and support for a viable project. In particular, I was concerned about attempting performance improvement with no user workload derived benchmarks.

I have been following the various discussions on the dev mailing list, including this one. If you would like me to return and run for chair, please reinstate me as a committer and PMC member.

My main agenda would be to find out if there is a sufficient user community to make River viable. Without community input, there is no rational basis for making decisions, and little point to the whole exercise. With an active user community, there would be a path forward.

If any of the active PMC members is even insufficiently reluctant to take on being chair, I'll immediately withdraw my candidacy.

I think I may still get the private mailing list. If you wish to discuss me behind my back, please include "NOT PATRICIA" in the subject, and I'll delete the message without reading it.

Patricia