Is the name change a requirement for a 3.0?  The problem is that this will
break compatibility making it extremely difficult to establish performance in
existing applications while preserving the ability to rollback to a known good
code base.  I would have to give a -1 to this.  We need to validate the release
against running systems before changing the namespaces.  If that means keeping
this a 2.x release, that's fine.

What is the driver for the maven artifacts?  Is this an apache process issue or
a feature request for some communities?

Bryan