Hi Alex,

El lun., 26 nov. 2018 a las 1:53, Alex Harui (<aha...@adobe.com.invalid>)
escribió:

> We (the Royale project) told Alina that we thought it was feasible to have
> her migrate her app by September.  This was before you started your effort,
> and you did not ask for opinions of other PMC members before you engaged
> your client.   It is now November, almost December.  We are way behind
> schedule.

I think you're not following my reasoning, maybe cause it doesn't like you,
but is difficult to follow a discussion if you switch completely the
subject. That is "you made a change that broke things and are asking me to
invest my time or my money to solve that".

But ok, about this assert. first, my effort with Jewel is the requisite to
my migration, so I started long time ago before Alina appears on this list.
Many time. But I don't think that's the point, since Alina, like myself,
both and many others has the same importance to make their migration and to
work on Royale. This doesn't have anything with the current issue. I as
well tried to help Alina, in things like MX RO, and I'm paying the current
efforts to fix the actual issues, without that MX ROs are unusable. So what
said all of this about the actual problem....almost nothing...we just are
wasting resources in writing those emails, in my opinion, since the current
issue is not addressed.

> The change I made was discussed to fix a complaint by others.

Ok, are you saying that only others complains are valid (people pursuing
MX/SPARK), and my complain of your changes breaking things and not (since
I'm using only a subset of MX and the new JEWEL lib) ?
IMHO, wanting to help on fixing that or at least give guidance on how to
solve it are the way to go.

> You are reverting that fix, returning others to a problem.

I'm making a change in a commit marked to be reverted in the comment (so
temporal), so we can continue working and requesting a better solution.
You ask for the same to many of us, why we can ask you the same?

> What technical flaw do you find in the changes I made?

I spend Saturday morning trying to add to Royale-config file MXRoyale.swc
for SWF and JS and namespace. This doesn't work.
So I'm asking you, why not? if you know how to do it, why don't provide and
example? With that I can create a "jewel-config" file that has Jewel and MX
for example, so we all have what we want.

> Just because something isn't working for you in an un-explained way
> doesn't mean that you can go break others just to fix your problem.

But I explained why is not working several times now right? don't say the
change is not valid, just say that is breaking IDEs and you should listen
and try to help instead of not recognizing the problem.

> I am not making changes for myself, I am making changes for others.  Can
> you make the same claim?

Sure. My changes although are for me, are as well for many others. And very
needed.
Just the latest things I did or payed for if you're not aware:

* Fixing debugger so we can debug MXML (done by Josh)
* Debugging code in other libraries of a project far beyond app project
with source maps (done by Josh)
* Fix MX RemoteObject to transfer complex graphs to and from royale (done
by Greg)
* Fix MX RemoteObject to use ArrayCollections (done by Greg)
* Fix for MX Producer and Consumer classes (done by Greg, currently in WIP
but near completion)
* Fix for MX CurrencyFormatter (done by me)

Other things like my investment in provide a new UI set that works
completely and have a nice UI and responsive capabilities is already known.
Those points are main ones, but there's so much more on the works on fixing
things here and there.

Can we concentrate in see how to solve the problem instead of trying to
validate our positions?

Thanks in advance for your help on this

Carlos