+1 on extension hook in RR and adding this
I had no closer look at Accessgate yet and thought it to behave that way
from initial talks about this before implementation started. I just thought
that Access Control is not just about permissions, it is about granting or
denying access based on what ever logic you implement.

Best regards
Dominik