I agree with Udara. We could take the following approach to improve the
efficiency:

1. Implement deployment policy management logic and service methods in CC
without affecting any other modules
2. Implement dpeloyment policy management REST API methods, still this
would not affect any other modules
3. Provide API method details to allow UI and CLI to be updated in parallel
4. Update application bean and definition to refer deployment policy ids,
this can be done in parallel
5. Once 1, 2 and 4 are done, remove Application Policy and Chid Policy
classes in Autoscaler
6. Rename previous Deployment Policy class in Autoscaler to Application
Policy and add the new definition
7. Fix references to previous Deployment Policy in Autoscaler

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2