Thanks, I must have missed this thread before. CIL…but remember that I am
talking conceptually only as I don’t know the implementation.

From: Imesh Gunaratne [mailto:im...@apache.org]
Sent: 13 February 2015 09:28
To: dev; Shaheedur Haque (shahhaqu)
Subject: Re: 4.1 deployment policy questions

[Adding Shaheed]

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Imesh Gunaratne
<im...@apache.org<mailto:im...@apache.org>> wrote:
I agree with Udara. We could take the following approach to improve the
efficiency:

1. Implement deployment policy management logic and service methods in CC
without affecting any other modules
2. Implement dpeloyment policy management REST API methods, still this would
not affect any other modules

[srh] I take it this means that deployment policies will be loaded ahead of
time, just like in 4.0? That would be great, but then I don’t understand how
your concept of multiple application instances will work:

- Each subscribableInfo points to one deploymentPolicy, so there might be more
than one deploymentPolicy for the application as a whole.

- According to the *current* 4.1 workflow, the curl command specifies the name
for the application and a single –b .json argument, therefore the –b must
*contain*
all the named deploymentPolicy’s.

- Different application instances must have different deployment policies, so
they
Must use .json files with different content but the same deploymentPolicy names.

This contradicts having globally defined deployment polciies loaded ahead of
time, or did I miss something?

3. Provide API method details to allow UI and CLI to be updated in parallel
4. Update application bean and definition to refer deployment policy ids, this
can be done in parallel
5. Once 1, 2 and 4 are done, remove Application Policy and Chid Policy classes
in Autoscaler
6. Rename previous Deployment Policy class in Autoscaler to Application Policy
and add the new definition

[srh] Please clarify what these “new definitions” are. Please realise that it
is simply not possible to review things which are changing without the details
of the proposal.

Thanks, Shaheed

7. Fix references to previous Deployment Policy in Autoscaler

Thanks

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Udara Liyanage