Hi  Shaheedur,

Please find my comments on blue.

Thanks,
Gayan

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Shaheedur Haque (shahhaqu) <
shahh...@cisco.com> wrote:

>  Thanks, I must have missed this thread before. CIL…but remember that I
> am talking conceptually only as I don’t know the implementation.

[Gayan] Yeah. We are define the deploy policy in globally. In the cartridge
level we are define which deployment policy we are using for the cartridge
under subscribeInfo.
When the application deployment we can specify what is the network
partitions which we are used with the application with the following json.

{
   "networkPartition":[
      {
         "id":"network-partition-1",
         "activeByDefault":"true"
      },
      {
         "id":"network-partition-2",
         "activeByDefault":"false"
      }
   ]
}
Here I think we need a network partition validation with the deployment
policies which we are using in the application.(Defined in all the
cartridges of the application)
Deployment policy with "activeByDefault=true" is the deployment policy
which we used to deploy application.

As we define the deploy policy in globally we can share the deploy policy
among the different applications.

> 3. Provide API method details to allow UI and CLI to be updated in parallel
>
> 4. Update application bean and definition to refer deployment policy ids,
> this can be done in parallel
>
> 5. Once 1, 2 and 4 are done, remove Application Policy and Chid Policy
> classes in Autoscaler
>
> 6. Rename previous Deployment Policy class in Autoscaler to Application
> Policy and add the new definition
>

> [srh] Please clarify what these “new definitions” are. Please realise that
> it is simply not possible to review things which are changing without the
> details of the proposal.
>

> Thanks, Shaheed

Deployment Policy definition(Globally available)

{
   "id": "deployment-policy-2",
   "networkPartition": [
      {
         "id": "network-partition-1",
         "partitionAlgo": "one-after-another",
         "partitions": [
            {
               "id": "partition-1",
               "max": 5
            }
         ]
      }
   ]
}

Application deployment policy(Which is pass with the application deployment)

{
   "networkPartition":[
      {
         "id":"network-partition-1",
         "activeByDefault":"true"
      },
      {
         "id":"network-partition-2",
         "activeByDefault":"false"
      }
   ]
}

> 7. Fix references to previous Deployment Policy in Autoscaler
>

> Thanks
>

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I started working on new branch. However it has lot of compilation
> failures. I started fixing few, but there are many. It is true that we are
> changing/adding some functionality which it is OK to functions not to work
> properly. But we can avoid compilation issues IMO. We can change back end
> first and then fix Rest API or some way.
>

> --
>
> Imesh Gunaratne
>

> Technical Lead, WSO2

> Imesh Gunaratne