From: Reka Thirunavukkarasu [mailto:r...@wso2.com]
Sent: 13 March 2015 02:54
To: dev
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Cartridge definition doesn't need "maxInstanceLimit"
property anymore

Hi Shaheedur,
Sorry for the confusion..Let me explain what cartridgeMin is and the purpose of
having it in the application. As you already aware, we have the group
instances/cluster instances concept with 4.1.0 in order to support group
scaling. For the cluster level, we will need a minimum count for the members in
order to maintain this minimum count all the time. Since we have cluster
instance concept, we will need a minimum members per cluster instance level. So
that whenever a new cluster instance is getting created, we can satisfy the
cluster instance by creating the cartridgeMin number of members and can send
the clusterInstanceActivated event. That's why
cartridgeMin got introduced in the application. "cartridgeMin" means the
minimum number of members per cluster instance.

When a cluster instance is getting created, let's say you have two as the
cartridgeMin. In that case in order to create those two members, we will need
to find out the partition. For that, we will get the associated policy and find
the suitable partition to spin those members one by one. If one of the
partition is full, our algorithm is capable of choosing the next available
partition.
Please let me know, if it is unclear still..
Thanks,
Reka

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Shaheedur Haque (shahhaqu)