Don,

see below:

Don Brown schrieb:
> Ok, after listening to all the feedback, here is my revised renaming
> strategy proposal:
>
> - com.opensymphony.webwork package -> org.apache.struts.ti
> - WebWork* classes -> Struts*
> - WebWork in comments, documentation -> Struts Action 2
> - webwork. as the configuration properties prefix -> struts.
> - ww: tag prefix -> a:
>
> Since Ti is the code name for Action 2 and there is significant
> precident within Apache for naming next gen code using a code name, I'm
> proposing the org.apache.struts.ti package.  Besides, our JavaOne
> session is called "What's up with Struts Ti?', so I guess we're stuck
> with it. :)  I'm kinda against 'saf', as I get my fill of acronyms from
> my day job (US DoD) :)

As others already pointed out, there are qood examples for "names with
numbers"-like naming, I'm also quite used to do this where applies.

I can understand that Ti was a long used and well known code name to the
struts community, but I doubt it is for the WebWork community. The
"Struts Action 2" or short "Action 2" term is that most WebWork
communtity members used in forum postings and announcements. Also, the
last couple of weeks I saw no reference in struts dev list to the Ti name.

For the tag names, and the proposal of keeping (my beloved :) ) ww
prefix: in a year or so from now I think people will ask
why they just downloaded a webframework called Struts Action Version
2.1, but they got a tag naming policy with ww: prefix ...

Although I like the SAF acronym for quick naming in posts or chat, I am
not sure if it is that good to understand to other people from a first
glance.

So I am
+1 for the package name 'org.apache.struts.action2'
+1 for tag prefix a
+1 for the other points of Don's proposal

Regards,
Rene