Could you translate these ideas into JIRA tickets and mark them
against 2.1?  After I finish with the XWork refactoring, I'd like to
work on making the configuration providers pluggable, because as you
said, it really opens up some interesting possibilities.  It is kinda
tricky as you have a chicken-egg situation with providers that create
plugins which create providers, so patches would be very welcome :)

Don