In our case, we might want to think about a struts-standard.zip or
struts-bundle.zip that contained the recommended plugins -and- their
dependencies. So, if we are including the Spring plugin, we would
include the spring.jar too. This could just be yet another artifact
that we post, like the struts-lib.zip. We might also setup a Maven
prototype that did the same thing, or just offer the prototype, a la
AppFuse.

Of course, this presumes that all of the plugin dependencies  that we
bundle can be distributed under the Apache license.

-Ted.

HTH, Ted <http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>