It might be interesting to have several "bundles":
 * Core - codebehind, dojo
 * Starter - codebehind, dojo, spring, jpa
 * Rest - codebehind, rest, dojo

Of course, the value of this bundle concept is low for those that use
Maven 2 or any other transitive dependency system.  For my rest
example application, my pom only declares one dependency, the rest
plugin, and Maven handes everything from there.

Also, I wouldn't include the rest plugin in core as it places some
strict requirements on the format of the url that won't be compatible
with most Struts 2 apps.

Don