On 11/7/07, Tom Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ian brings up a good point in that we'll have to decide how to handle
> some things like I18N/type conversion/method invocation.  Not all EL's
> are created equal and OGNL probably is a little more flexible and
> powerful than most.  Then even if we get all that working, what's the
> migration strategy?

Type conversion isn't tied to OGNL in 2.1.  XWork has a new API
(copied from OGNL) to abstract type conversion.  Of course not all
EL's support type conversion in the same way, so there may be issues
down the road.  i18N isn't tied at all to OGNL, so I agree with Chris
here as well.

Even if the JUEL plugin works out, we probably won't be shipping it
till Struts 2.2 at the earliest.  I think it is awesome that Tom is
working on it now, though, as I think it has a better future than
OGNL, particularly for JSP users. Seam has shown you can build a solid
framework on UEL and even extend it to add the new features you need.