On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 6:07 AM Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org> wrote:
> Ideas:
>
>     - "Option to optimize a checkout for minimal disk space rather than
> minimal network traffic."
>
>     - "50% off. Unlimited offer. Buy it now. Shrink your checkouts to
> half the size.*  (Small print: *Compared to our previous checkouts which
> cost double their effective size. Network subscription required.)"

You know, I was going to offer some tongue-in-cheek ones myself...

Honey I Shrunk The Working Copy
Half Price Working Copy
Working Copy 4 Less

But I'm still trying to think of name we could actually use.

Personally I'm not very partial to the BLOB idea. It feels like more
of a SQL database centric concept, and that makes it seem kind of
dated in my mind. We need something that sounds new and cool. :-)

The feature does trade off higher network access for lower storage
consumption, and that is an aspect the user would need to know to make
an educated decision, so we'll probably want to bear that in mind.

Cheers,
Nathan