Actually, it looks like a 7.0 release means different things to different
people.  Romain, you took everyone's approval of the idea of a 7.0.0 release
to be an approval of your particular version of a 7.0.0 release, which it
clearly was not.   Looks to me like a finer-grained vote is needed to figure
out exactly what people want as part of 7.0.0 release.

Personally, I think David is correct in saying that a release without some
kind of positive JEE 7 compatibility statement is a serious mistake.  I know
the TCK is out of the question right now, but that simply means you need to
invent an alternative compatibility statement:  "Apache-Certified Compliant
to Web Profile Specifications" (or some such).