> On May 2, 2016, at 5:05 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Fully agree that's why it has been stated tomee 7 != javaee 7.

My memory of that vote was we intentionally aligned the TomEE version number
specifically to align to the Java EE version number and further that it would
not be changed even if major change in the server occurred, stating “7.1” and
“7.2” would be clear enough to communicate breaking upgrades.

I voted -1 on that one, but the above was my understanding of what was decided.

I’d be glad to hear it is not, but I would question why we didn’t just stick
with 2.x if we weren’t intending to communicate “this implements Java EE 7”.

-David