On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'd like to start some discussion on how we should proceed going
> forward with our 2.x Milestones releases aiming to be OASIS spec
> compliant
>
> I'd like to propose we alternate short milestones releases between
> OASIS and Tuscany specific related items to allow us to better focus
> and delivery contents. I'd also think we should have a small scope on
> each release milestone (e.g about 5 main items or themes).
>
> Below are some suggestions considering OASIS related items for the
> next milestones, please feel free to add to it, and once we agree on a
> small set of items/themes, I'll update the roadmap.
>
> - Adjust our Tuscany models and artifact processors to the latest
> OASIS Assembly Specification draft
>
> - Review Tuscany Policy models and start necessary clean-up and
> adjustment towards a more decoupled model/implementation and support
> for the OASIS Policy Specification draft
>
> - Although OASIS Java  Specification draft is still a little behind
> compared to others, there might still be some issues that could start
> working on such as removing conversations
>
> - Continue review and necessary work on Domain/Node APIs
>
> - Continue with some code clean-up/refactoring as suggested/discussed
> in previous threads
>   - Java implementation refactoring
>   - Endpoint refactoring
>   - Remove conversation
>

> --
> Luciano Resende
> Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

This is a good idea Luciano.

I would be happy if we set some kind of loose timetable for how this process
is going to get us to an OASIS spec compliant  code line by the the middle
of the year (or whenever it is we think OASIS will be done by.

As you say some of the specs are more complete that others. As good measure
is to look at the compliance statements and test cases. One of the ways we
can drive and measure progress is by completion of compliance tests. We need
to be able to pass them to demonstrate compliance so developing with them in
mind would seem to be a good idea.

What do you mean by short? Monthly? Six weekly? I think it should be down at
this sort of order.

I'd like to take a look at the Endpoint re-factoring piece next so I'll vote
for that being in M2. There are parts of this that are a pre-req for the
Domain piece. I'm also interested in the compliance testing and most of the
action is in assembly so far.

Not sure we explicitly have to alternate but I like the idea of themes.
Maybe this results in the same thing but I wouldn't want to pre-judge it.

Simon