On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:

> Frantisek Zatloukal wrote:
> > Just note that I mean blocking by "supported". I am not talking about
> > dropping capability of installation from optical media.
>
> But if:
> * QA does not test it, and
> * even if somebody tests it and finds it broken, the release will not get
>   delayed for it,
> this can effectively break at any time, for an entire release, just because
> you happen to release in the wrong moment and are not willing to wait.

Possible, but not probable, based on the historical record. And even
if not a blocker, tested fixes would surely be granted a freeze
exception.

But therein lies the advantage of a simpler optical only image, less
likelihood for such regressions. And any netinstall can be pointed to
any release repo, so it's not like you must have a release version of
the image - in the worst case scenario you still wouldn't be
abandoned. Further, the netinstall has the installer rescue boot
option.

--
Chris Murphy