On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 02:51:45PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> It would be interesting if we had a set of use cases Fedora Server
> actually solves.  So far in this thread we've seen people use it, but
> it reads to me like they use it to get a boiled down installation of
> Fedora.  So is Fedora Server just a convenient way to get a quick and
> simple Fedora installation (e.g. you're using it because it's
> *Fedora*), or do people actually use it for traditional server use
> cases.
>
> For those using it for traditional server use cases, why?  What about
> it do you find better than something like CentOS?

Yeah, this is absolutely another valuable idea. The Use Cases and Personas
at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Product_Requirements_Document#User_Profiles.2C_Primary_Use_Cases_and_Goals
were created *seven* years ago and reflect aspiration, not nessarily
reality. So it would be very valuable for interested people to update that
to reflect both actual current use and the current aspirations.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>