Mattia Verga wrote:

> […]

> If the change is approved, if you not believe in who proposed the
> metrics good faith, if you don't want to send your metrics, if you don't
> believe that setting a simple switch to OFF will make you safe, well,
> goodbye. There are plenty of other linux distributions out there.

I don't think anyone here is concerned with the privacy of
their personal data; most subscribers will have the know-
ledge to do what they want to do.

But with that knowledge comes the ability to work for a va-
riety of organizations who will spend many resources on
nudging their users to behave in a way that is not necessar-
ily in their best interests.  However, these developers
choose instead to associate with projects that are centered
on empowering the users.

So while your last sentence is correct, the first one does
not address the points raised.

Tim