On Mon, Jul 8 2024 at 11:31:20 AM -05:00:00, Michel Lind <mic...@michel-slm.name> wrote:
Do the metrics really need to be kept separate?

I think so. Fedora Workstation is a completely different product from Fedora KDE Plasma Desktop. We surely don't want to consider other Fedora variants when making decisions that are specific to Fedora Workstation, for example. Then again, in other cases we might well need to make a decision that's global to all of Fedora. Having the capability to filter by Fedora variant doesn't mean we have to.

Anyway, I forgot this is also a solved problem. There is already a concept of "channel ID" and each Fedora variant can simply have its own channel ID.