Watchguard employs Paul "Rusty" Russell to maintain the current Linux packet
filter code who wrote ipfilters (2.2.x) and ipchains (2.4.x).  Even watchguard
themselves are still using kernel (2.0.x) ipfwadm for their firewall software.
My point is that I hardly think Mitel is behind times...neither do I think that
of watchguard.
http://www.linux-mag.com/cgi-bin/atomz?search=paul+russell

  |  |