I think Mitel have answered most of the questions, if some in a sort of
round-about way.  This is my take:

1. Their MAS 6000 server (our 6.0 unsupported) has 99% or more of the
performance and features they need to continue selling that product at a margin
they find acceptable.  They do not need to continue adding too many more
features besides security updates and tweaks.

2. Since the above is true, there is no need to continue providing an
unsupported iso for us to play with/test since they will probably not be
advancing the MAS 6000 too much any more.

3. Any tweaks and/or security updates they do make to the above product to GPL
code will be made available in the form of SRPMS, but a new iso with all updates
is not forthcoming.

4. Mitel is making a good faith effort to move the advancement of the
unsupported product into a community based effort to advance and add features to.

5. Mitel is not 'taking anything away' because the MAS 6000 was never 'ours' to
begin with, but they are 'blessing' a community project with the 6.0 unsupported
as the base.

That's just what I've taken from the past week or so of posts, I could be off
target, but I don't think by much.

-Devlyn

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> NO, not at all. But since your reply has significantly "trimmed" the orginal
> message, you may *think* the several (more than one) questions have been
> answered. But, IMHO sadly, this is/was clearly not the case.
>
> Sigh....
>
> Bob Finch
>

> > [Please remember to trim quoted material whenever you post to lists.]
> >
> > --
> > Charlie Brady                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/
> > Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175
> >
> > A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
> > Q: Why should i start my reply below the quoted text?
> >

> > --
> > Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues
> > Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Searchable archive at
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org
>

> --
> Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues
> Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Searchable archive at http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org

--
Devlyn Davis
Project Manager