* Michael Tänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-05-08 17:41:55]:

> Florent Daignière schrieb:
> > * Michael Tänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-05-08 05:04:07]:
> It's probably not possible to migrate in two days but it seems that now
> is a good point to start the process, as Ian mentioned he wanted to
> change the website significantly (this also includes the texts). We
> probably should migrate in a soft way and try it in a test environment
> first. The Website would be a good point to start with because it has
> not so much content on it.

Okay, let's try it. I've set a drupal vhost up on emu
(http://wwwtest.freenetproject.org/).

Here is the deal: if it reaches the point where it's actually better
than the actual website then we switch permanently... Otherwise I'll
just delete it. I will grant admin access to whoever wants it... and
can install modules/themes/whatever on request. We need to put some kind
of deadline otherwise nothing will ever be done: what about one month?

I personnaly won't work on it for now. The main point against our
current website is that it's not community-friendly... Let's see if the
community feels involved and will contribute to the presumably
community-friendly sandbox.

> The other things could be done step by step,
> or never if we want to keep them (e.g. I'm not quite convinced about
> drupals bug tracker, but there are definitely better wiki engines than
> wikkawiki).
>
> > Can a CMS have some level of history ? All the tools we use have
> > native versioning; that's a feature we don't want to loose.
>
> Drupal has native versioning, I think that's one of the core features
> which made it one of the favourite CMSs for OpenSource projects.

It seems like it's a per-page versioning... that's not what we want, is
it ?