On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Steve Dougherty <st...@asksteved.com>
wrote:

> On 10/22/2015 10:58 PM, Ian Clarke wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 9:43 PM, Steve Dougherty <st...@asksteved.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I don't understand what you mean by this exactly. Reduce padding between
> >> sections and put the download button where? Up in the menu?
> >>

> > Probably below the menu, but in the top-right of the page.  That way it's
> > very prominent, but not the immediate thing that attracts attention.
>
> Why?

Because before they download we need to give them at least a tiny bit of
information about why they might want to download.

That's the intent of the slides, which are above the button: it starts
> on "Avoid Censorship" "Freenet is a platform for censorship-resistant
> communication and publishing. ..."
>
> Is that more verbose than you were thinking?

I think many of text of these slides are good, but I'm concerned about the
means of presentation - websites do sometimes use slides for things like
user-testimonials, but not the core explanation for why they should be
interested in the software.

Ian.