On 10/22/2015 10:58 PM, Ian Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 9:43 PM, Steve Dougherty <st...@asksteved.com>
> wrote:
>> I don't understand what you mean by this exactly. Reduce padding between
>> sections and put the download button where? Up in the menu?
>>

> Probably below the menu, but in the top-right of the page.  That way it's
> very prominent, but not the immediate thing that attracts attention.

Why?

> I think right now the first thing people are encouraged to look at is the
> Download button, but to figure out why they might want to consider
> downloading, they have to scroll down to the "What is Freenet?" section.

Currently the Browse and Forums panes link to the same page, so I'd want
to fix that before making the section even more prominent. Somewhat less
scrolling would be good here, yes.

> I think we need a very concise explanation of why they would want to
> download Freenet as the focal point for the front page.
>
> Thoughts?

That's the intent of the slides, which are above the button: it starts
on "Avoid Censorship" "Freenet is a platform for censorship-resistant
communication and publishing. ..."

Is that more verbose than you were thinking?