Hans and list,

Just droping my 2 cents on the isse of making a new release:

I am the kind of user who can get CVS builds and compile them. But most users cannot,
and this impacts me as a consultant, because my customers cannot get from cvs and
compile themselves. If someone makes software and releases it on the internet, that's
not just for fun, bu because he likes having happy users.

I could make my release of dia and package as an RPM, but it would be my release. Even
if I´d tried to manage my release, the developers should agree on what's release X.Y.
If the developers are too busy or do not like to thake the hard job of producing a
release, that's fine, I guess someone whould offer to take this job, but the
developers should at least "freese features" for a release and branch on CVS (so this
release can have bigfixes independent of new development.

[]s, Fernando Lozano